Step 1: Get your Wix DNS settings
- Log in to your Wix account.
- Click on the ‘Settings’ tab from the dashboard.
- Select ‘Domains’ from the left menu.
- Click on ‘Connect a Domain You Already Own.’
- Choose your domain provider from the dropdown menu (if it’s not listed, choose ‘Other’).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to obtain your Wix DNS settings, which include a CNAME record and an IP address (A record).
Step 2: Access cPanel’s Zone Editor
- Log in to your web hosting account where you have access to cPanel.
- Scroll down to the ‘Domains’ section and click on the ‘Zone Editor’ icon.
Step 3: Edit your domain’s DNS records
- In the Zone Editor, locate the domain you want to connect to Wix and click on ‘Manage.’
- Delete any existing CNAME or A records related to your domain’s root (e.g., example.com) and ‘www’ subdomain.
- Click on the ‘+Add Record’ button to create a new CNAME record for the ‘www’ subdomain.
- Type: CNAME
- Name: www (or www.yourdomain.com)
- Record: Enter the CNAME value provided by Wix (e.g., xxxxx.wixdns.net)
- Click on the ‘+Add Record’ button again to create a new A record for the root domain.
- Type: A
- Name: Leave it blank or enter your root domain (e.g., example.com)
- Address: Enter the IP address provided by Wix
- Save your changes.
Step 4: Verify your domain connection on Wix
- Go back to your Wix account and navigate to the ‘Domains’ section.
- Click on the ‘Verify Connection’ button.
- Wix will check the DNS settings and confirm if the domain is connected successfully. This process can take up to 48 hours, but it usually takes much less time.